Thursday 19 July 2012

How I've been getting on with my seven things...

This post is just a little update to let you know how I have been getting on with my 7 Things that I started as a result of Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter getting us all motivated!! 

If you want to see the details of my seven challenges then just click here because this post will just whizz over them and fill you in on how I'm getting on.  Firstly, please note, I am aware that I have not  wrapped this up in seven days, but hey life isn't a race (as I am finding out more and more all the time), and it's getting there (wherever there may be) eventually that counts.  

Without further ado let me get into it;
1. Pamper
I guess I haven't been massively successful in this, because I've not given myself a long pamper sesh, but I have done bits here and there - the odd face mask, slick of nail varnish and I even got my body brush out and tried to scrub away my dead skin and cellulite in one foul swoop (note: it didn't work, it hurt)

2. Sort
Hmmm sorting.  It was never going to be the most exciting of tasks but I have got somewhere with it! I've had a lot going on and I've managed to get organised for most of it, which has involved lots of phone calls, emails, and letter writing.  Of course 'sorting' is never complete but I've at least been getting on with it as opposed to burying my head in the proverbial pile of post sand.

3. Read
I have been crazily busy over the past couple of weeks but I have been trying to fit in some reading here and there, and I've been loving it.  I'm currently enjoying The Return of Captain John Emmett by Elizabeth Speller, and it has got me hooked! If you'd like a full book review then let me know! 

4. Exercise
Hmm now we hit a bit of a stumbling block - I've certainly been more active recently in my day to day life but I haven't done any formal kind of exercise.  I've been meaning to do Zumba with a friend so maybe this will be the kick up the bum to get my act together! 

5. Invest
Now if you've read the original post you'll know that this wasn't about money, it was about my head.  I've found this hard to do.  I'm not particularly good at caring for myself, I'm much better at caring for others - so consider this a work in progress.

6. Plan
See this post to find out exactly how that has been going!! Hint: very well!! 

7. Drink
I'm currently sipping from an ice cold water - go me! I have found that filling a nice glass bottle with water at the start of each day and putting it in the fridge has made drinking water far more appealing as it's so much nicer when it's beautifully cold!

If you've been taking part, how have you been getting on? And do you have any tips for keeping yourself motivated?

I hope you're all well

x

2 comments:

  1. This is excellent! Drinking lots of water is definitely one of the best things we can do for ourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really bad, I go through stages of drinking loads and then to drinking hardly any! Need to keep it up! Thanks though x

      Delete