Tuesday 28 August 2012

Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme

This was the beginning the end in terms of my failure to stick to my spending ban.  In my defense I'm going to pass the blame on to somebody else, and that somebody is Anna, who mentioned that this was on sale on BeautyBay.  I was forced to pause the video and make my purchase in a frantic dash (it appears to be becoming a bit of a habit) before I resumed watching her wonderful video! 

To be perfectly honest I don't know why it has taken me so long to get my hands on this wonderful product, it has been on my list of products I've lusted over for years and years (that's a slight exaggeration but you get my drift!).  Having said that, highlighter is one of the products that I tend to neglect, highlighter and prime.  I think the reason for this is a fear of 'the glitter-ball face' crossed with 'the so much grease you could fry an egg face' - yes, I'm phobic of shine, and looking back over my makeup history, it has been a good five or six years since I gave up the shine and shimmer in favour of matte products. As I'm a week away from the grand old age of 23 I thought it was time I faced up to this particular fear and embrace the subtle and lovely shine (cue Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme).  The word dewy appeals to me, having said that it is frightfully close to the word wet - not a look I look I wish to sport! And wet is something I think I look scarily close to sometimes when I use Benefit High Beam (and I just hate the way it applies - it just looks like a smear *vile word* that smudges all my foundation!).

Hmm, I got a little sidetracked...back to this wonderful product! 
It is available in two shades, Ice Gold and Rose Gold; I chose Ice Gold basically because Tanya Burr and Anna and the like use it, and I'm on a quest to look like them!! I would like to get the warmer toned Rose Gold too but all in good time hey! 








The photos really do not do this product justice but I don't think it's possible to capture it very well without seeing it in the person.

I use the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush from the Core Collection to dab this onto the high points of my face and it seems to work a treat, although I think you could use any number of brushes with this wonder product and still get a great result.  It sits perfectly on to of your existing makeup, without smudging it or making a mess, yet it looks natural and blends in nicely just leaving you looking healthy and radiant - it certainly lives up to its name! 

Ok, I think I've babbled on about this product for long enough, and I'm sure by now you can tell that I am a dedicated fan.  I'm hoping that having this will encourage me to incorporate highlighter into my daily routine! 

What are your thoughts on highlighter? Love it or loathe it? Which is your favourite? 

xxx

8 comments:

  1. I want this soooo badly!!! SO high on my lust list!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how long it took me before I caved!
      Let me know once you give in to it!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I have also lusted for this forever. I have a MAC cream colour base which is really similar but I still really want it! Also fancy the Jemma Kid light as air!

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used MAC cream colour base, do you like it? I want Light As Air so much too but I don't want to order it online because I can guarantee that I'd get the wrong colour!!

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I really want this but I can't decide between rose gold and ice gold :/

    New follower of your blog :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was a really tough decision, but I think I'm pleased with mine...guess I wont know until I have Rose Gold to compare it with.

      Thank you so much for following, it really does mean a lot to me.

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I've just bought the Ice Gold (influenced in the exact same way as you!!!), had the rose gold for over a year after Sam from Pixiwoo used it in a vid! Love them both but think the rose gold is more suited for summer skin. New follower, if you get a chance check out mine :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how much we're influenced by bloggers and YouTubers isn't it!! I can't quite justify Rose Gold seeing as summer is well and truly over (did it ever start?) but I think that'll have to be purchased next summer!!
      Thank you so much for following my blog, I hope you enjoy it. And of course I'll go and have a look at yours!! :)
      xx

      Delete