Tuesday 23 October 2012

Favourites #1: Lips

I'm sure we all have a bit of a go to feel good look when it comes to makeup, something that you know will pep up either your mood or your makeup...or preferably both! For me over the past few months it has got to be the lip combo I am about to share with you.  It never fails to put a smile on my face (literally haha) and give me a little bit of confidence.

Please excuse the slight changes in the lighting of the photos in this post, I took some of them over time to try and show you the wear of the product and obviously that changes the amount and angle of the natural light...not a lot I can do about our position in the solar system! 



My weapons of choice are;
  • MAC Lip Pencil in Beet
  • MAC Lipstick in Impassioned (it's an Amplified Creme incase you were wondering)
  • MAC Tinted Lipglass in Pink Lemonade
Without further ado, I give you my step by step application of my favourite fuchsia lips! 

1 - I have to prepare my lips somehow because despite my best efforts they are as dry as the Sahara and at times flakier than puff pastry! I use any old lip balm I've got to hand, and slap it on before I do the rest of my makeup, or about five to ten minutes before if I'm just changing my lip colour not the whole face! 


2 - Using Beet I first line the outside of my lips, making sure I get right into the corners.  Once I'm happy with the shape I use the lip pencil to fill in the majority of my lips.


3 - Then, using a lip brush (my favourite is by Illamasqua) I apply Impassioned lipstick all over the lips.  I sometimes leave it as it is, but if I fancy a bit of extra shine, or my lips are feeling particularly dry I'll add an extra step.  The formulation of this lipstick, especially over the lip pencil means it does have a tendency to feel quite tight and drying on my already parched pout! 


4 - To add that extra sheen and injection of moisture I slick on Pink Lemonade, which has got to be my favourite Lipglass by a mile, and then I'm good to go!! 
As you can see this lip finish looks quite different depending on the lighting...and I love it however it looks!!


The wear of this combination is incredible, you don't need to touch it up all day; and I mean all day.  After six hours of drinking numerous cups of tea, stuffing my face with lunch (and maybe a little millionaire shortbread) and chatting away it puts up a damn good fight and begins to fade (see photo below).  And the fade is something I love about this combo; it doesn't go patchy, it doesn't all vanish at once, but it slowly loses its intensity but at no point does the colour die completely.  After I'd taken the photo below I went to an exercise class and did a flipping hard work out, and even after all the sweating (there was a lot) and wiping my face with a towel (again - quite a bit) the colour remained and took a damn good scrubbing to remove in the shower.

So there you have it, my favourite lip to wear at the moment.  Full reviews of the individual products are to follow if you're interested.  

What is your go to 'feel good' lip combo? I'd love to know so I can try them out and see if they can become my new favourite too! 

I hope you're all well lovely ladies

xxx



13 comments:

  1. great post!

    paigeypumpkin.blogspot.com

    P.S have you entered my MAC giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige :) I haven't but I am going to go and enter it right away!!
      x

      Delete
  2. Your lips don't look dry at all, they look lovely! (in a non creepy way haha) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Don't worry no amount of creepiness worries me! I had slapped on some lip balm first...I didn't want to scare you with the real mccoy! x

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous, but damn you Alice, I now feel like I need to go out and get these colours!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and say sorry to your bank balance if you do get them!! Xx

      Delete
  4. Hello! I've nominated you for a Liebster award- I hope you like it x x
    http://confessionsofablogwriter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the lipstick ! such a beautiful color

    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    PS : just want to let you know that i'm having a MAC giveaway to celebrate my first month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shade! I love my Nars velvet matte lip pencil (shade dolce vita) at the moment :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love impassioned! i need to wear it more often

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete