Sunday 30 September 2012

Review: Origins Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads


Around a month ago I had a 'complimentary facial' at the Origins counter because it was my birthday; of course it turned out to be the most expensive facial of my life because I got suckered into buying nearly every product that the lovely girl on the counter used on me!!

Despite the fact that I already own the Super Spot Remover gel (post coming soon) I somehow managed to come away with the Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads.  I'm still a bit annoyed with myself because I hate anything like this - essentially by selling you a prescribed amount of pads Origins are making sure you can't eek out the product for as long as you like, and at £22 (available here) for 60 pads with the instructions of using a pad in the morning and evening, we're talking £22 a month for one element of your skincare regime.  I think that that is daylight robbery, and I'm sorry Origins but that's just too much to ask! 

Thankfully, I was advised to only use one pad per evening (despite this, I'm still tempted to cut them in half to get more out of them...is that taking it too far?!) and so that is what I've been doing for the past month once I've cleansed my face and applied toner to the areas where I'm not suffering from breakouts. 

The Salicylic Acid, Oregano and Clove are meant to help fight spots and blemishes by exfoliating the area, unclogging the pores and helping to clear up and fade any current blemishes.  To control the level of excess oil Saw Palmetto is used; which also helps to clear up any dirt left on the skin. 


After cleansing with Origins Pure Cream cleanser in the evening I pat my face dry and then sweep one of these pads over the areas that either have current breakouts or are prone to them (nose, hair line, jaw and chin...that's basically my whole face).  More often than the sensation is just a cool feeling, but occasionally if there's a really big b*****d then it does sting/tingle a bit.  Once I've given it a while to sink in (it probably doesn't do anything of the sort, but I feel as though it might need a moment to do whatever it is going to do), I apply my serum and night cream and then I'm good to go.

So, have they made a difference? The truth is, I don't know.  My skin hasn't been particularly clear recently (but it isn't horrific - even though it feels like it is), but then I don't know if it would be worse if I wasn't using these, it's a tough call.  I just keep hoping my skin will clear up of it's own accord soon because I don't know how much more money I can throw at it! I want clear skin damnit! 



Have you tried this relatively new offering from Origins? What do you think of them? 

What do you feel is your secret weapon to keeping spots at bay? 

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are with your review Alice. Would love to see how the super spot remover gel turned out for you. I've been considering getting it for some time now, but it is so expensive in Australia :(

    Looking forward to your review :) x

    - Supreet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they say, honesty is the best policy so I think that's what I should write...glad you appreciate/like it :) I'll do a review of the super spot remover gel very soon

      Thanks for reading, and commenting :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Your post is very well. Latest technology use for remove the unwanted hair form the person body.



    Laser Warts Removal India

    Stretch Marks Treatment India

    ReplyDelete