Tuesday 16 October 2012

Review (actually, it's a rave) Jessica's Phenomen Oil


I can't believe I've not written a post solely about this product yet, I know I've mentioned it before but it really does deserve its very own slice of the interweb! I give you Phenomen Oil by Jessica.  For those of you who don't know, Jessica is a professional nail brand and they offer some really amazing products (GELerartion is my latest love from them) and this 'intensive moisturizer' is no exception.  

Ingredients such as  Vitamin E, Jojoba, Sweet Almond Oil and Rice Oil really help to make this a wonder product.  It can be used on any areas that are crying out for some extra moisturisation (elbows and tough dry bits on the feet stand out to me as the areas that most need some TLC) but its original function is to act as a life saver for your cuticles and nails.  I don't know how it does it, but this oil really does seem to penetrate right down into the cuticles and dramatically improve their appearance.  Jessica also say that Phenomen Oil will help to strengthen your nails and keep them supple and healthy.  

While I wouldn't feel comfortable vouching for its effectiveness in terms of my nail strength, I am more than happy to sing the praises of this product with regard to the state of my cuticles.  I've tested it out,  and having used this every night for two months I decided to give it a break for a few weeks....man are my cuticles begging me to bring this puppy back into my nightly routine; they're dry, tight, hard and generally horrible and I do believe that this is all down to the fact that I've not been using Phenomen Oil.  I know that the cold weather wont be helping but it's not as if I've been standing outside in a blizzard.  I can now promise my poor little cuticles that this is now firmly back on the menu, and I shall once again resume my nightly application.



As for how to apply it; it's simples! It comes with a pipet (man I love them it makes me feel like a scientist) and all you need to do is place one drop onto each nail (I tend to do this at the base of the nail to coat both the cuticle and nail) and then give that area a good old massage and voila! The massage is important because it increases the circulation to the nail and promotes growth.  If you have any excess oil on the tip of the finger just treat yourself to a bit of a hand massage! By the morning the oil will have completely sunk in and 
you should wake up with soft mitts ready to start a new day!

Phenomen Oil ranges from around £9 to £14 depending on the size bottle you get, but I believe it is totally worth it and I will be repurchasing mine before it even has a chance to run out! 

Are there any products that you swear by? 

8 comments:

  1. I had this applied on my nails after getting them done and I've never had better looking cuticles! Haha xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible isn't it! I can't get enough of the stuff!! x

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! I don't use anything like this at the moment (which probably explains my rubbish nails) x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'd make a massive difference if you do go for it!

      x

      Delete
  3. I have tried this product before and its amazing. Great review!

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't stop using it - I think I might be slightly addicted!
      Thank you for stopping by, and for taking the time to comment, sorry I've been so slow in my reply.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I got mine from a salon I used to go to but feelunique.com stock it. xxx
      sorry it took so long to reply!

      Delete