Saturday 28 July 2012

Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm

                

Once again I went to purchase a particular thing and came out with something different!  I'd gone to Debenhams to pick up the much raved about Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (as seen here) and came out with this, the Colour Quench Lip Balm in shade 04 Raspberry Smoothie (have had to include a link to it from Boots as couldn't find the shade on Debenhams website - naughty Debenhams!). I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I have no idea why the lovely Clarins lady recommended this to me over the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (crikey what a mouthful!) as both claim to nourish, repair and protect your lips but hey ho, I'm not at all disappointed with my lot as I simply adore my Colour Quench Lip Balm.

Boots give this description 'Eight of the prettiest shades of shimmering transparent lip colour with a delicious cherry scent and flavour. A finish that’s glossy, not sticky, due to a 100% natural high-shine polymer and a cocktail of skin treatment plant extracts that intensively nourish, repair, protect and moisturise. A sheer, smoothing glaze of a gloss that adds long-lasting, light-catching colour and shine.' 
I think this description is pretty spot on. I don't know that I'd recognise a '100% natural high-shine polymer' if it slapped me in the chops, but whatever it is it really does work to make this a complete joy to wear - there is none of that horrible sticky feeling, only sheer cherry scented joy! 


I really love the fact that this product is a balm and a gloss combined.  I suffer from incredibly dry lips and I don't really like just masking it with a regular gloss because even if it looks good for a while you know that the illusion will be shattered once the gloss wears off!


There is a much larger range of colours in the Colour Quench line than there is of Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors, eight to the ILNLP three and personally I think this is no bad thing - there has got to be something there for everyone, and for every season! 

Shade 04 Raspberry Smoothie is a delicious soft mid-toned pink packed full with silver shimmer and it gives a really natural and wearable high shine to your lips, which is perfect for everyday, and could be easily worn over lippie to give a more dramatic look.

At £15 it is a pound cheaper than the ILNLP.  I am thrilled with my purchase and it has remained in my handbag since the day I bought it and I can't see it leaving any time soon! 




I'd still love to try the ILNLP to have a bit of a compare and contrast with the Colour Quench but for the time being I am happy as larry!


Do you have a favourite gloss come balm?


As always, the beautiful throw that is the backdrop to my photos was handmade by the incredibly talented Gabrielle Vary, so go and check out her website here if you fancy a look, or have a nosey on http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/gabriellevary to see some more of here wonderful stuff (there's a sale on it too!)


I hope you're all well

x

4 comments:

  1. This colour is so gorgeous :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great product review! Thanks for putting this up - I had spotted this at a claims counter and was considering buying it. Debating between that and the Clarins lip Perfector. Great blog!

    Http://p0larmilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know if you end up getting either of them!

      x

      Delete