Tuesday 31 July 2012

A little bit of a Lush haul!

Now, before I begin I promise that these purchases were made before I put myself on a spending ban...and they were part of the shopping trip that confirmed I needed to go on one!

I haven't bought anything from Lush for years and years - it has felt a little pointless since I virtually lost my sense of smell.  I mean what is the point in having incredibly scented baths etc if you can't bloody well smell them?! In fact I think the last things I had from Lush were for my 19th birthday...so that's coming up for four years ago.  I decided enough was enough, and who cares if I can't smell it, I still want to slather myself in their delightful products! 

It was pouring with rain in Exeter on the morning of these purchases and Lush was the perfect retreat from the rain; I was welcomed in and had more products tried and tested on my arms than I knew what to do with (needless to say I left with the softest arms in the South West!).

I went in for a cleanser and came out with slightly more...



Well at least I got the cleanser, right?! 

First up Angels On Bare Skin which I've got to admit at first glance, and actually, on using - is weird! It's a grainy and crumbly solid cleanser that needs to be worked with water to produce either a milk or a paste depending on how much water you use. I don't want to go into this too much as I will write a full review on it soon, but other than it being a bit of an effort when all I want to do is roll into bed at the end of the day, I like it! The main ingredients are ground sweet almonds which not only gently exfoliate but create the almond milk when mixed with water, almonds also brighten and tone the skin; and lavender oil which is meant to even out skin tone and reduce redness. Like I said I'll do a full review soon! 

Next, I was inspired by Estee from EssieButton to get the Eau Roma Water.  I only bought the 100ml bottle as I thought I'd be better off giving it a try before I go for broke.  The ingredients that make this spritz toner what is is are Rose Water and Lavender Water, Rose Water is used for it's calming properties and the Lavender Water is used to "soften the skin and balance sebum production".  I've got to admit that spraying this directly onto my face did make me jump out of my skin for about a week, but I'm used to it know and really enjoy the refreshing element that spritzing it onto my skin gives!  I'll do a full review of this product soon too so I wont say too much more! 

Now, onto shower products.  I've got to admit that I'm not really big on baths; I get too hot, I get bored, I feel faint and I never know what to do with myself when I'm in there (other than avoid staring at the whale that's trapped in the tub!), so I asked the lovely man in Lush to offer me some luxurious shower alternatives.  First he recommended Turkish Delight which is a body wash that doesn't lather, it just glides onto your skin and leaves you nourished and smooth! I haven't tried this yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a go! Full review to come! 

As a bit of extra decadence I then got talked into (I'm so easily led) getting Ro's Argan Body Conditioner which is exactly what it sounds like.  Once you've washed yourself you slather this stuff on, leave it a bit a then rinse it off and I do believe you are meant to be left with baby soft, sweet smelling skin, and I don't think you're supposed to have to use a moisturiser once you're out the shower - result! I'm also yet to try this but a full review will be on it's way to you once I've given it a go! 

So there we have it, a rather larger Lush haul than I'd anticipated but oh well!! And can I point out that I did not go in with the intention of only buying things containing Roses but I appear to have come out with only Rose products -  I don't even remember what roses smell like (having no sense of smell really sucks) so I hope I smell nice, and not like an old lady when I use all of these!! 


Have you picked up any Lush products recently? Or have any firm favourites? I'm keen to try more so feel free to let me know in the comments if there is anything I've simply got to try (of course it will be added to my list and not bought now, as breaking the spending ban would be bad!)

x

4 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of Turkish delight :)

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :)

    Totally following you back now!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      I'll do a full review of all the products once I've given them a good test but I do think Turkish delight sounds pretty luxurious!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I just bought the eau roma water toner thanks to essiebutton too!
    www.bronwynjean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other bloggers and YouTubers are a bad bad influence aren't they!!

      x

      Delete