Sunday 6 May 2012

Naked Palette. Big Love.

In my manic rampage of beauty counters this week I purchased the Urban Decay Naked Palette.  I can't have spent longer than 30 seconds at the counter, I probably spend longer choosing a bunch of bananas (in fact I definitely spend longer choosing bananas because it's tricky to get the perfect bunch, but that's another story!). 



Other than on nights out (which are pretty rare these days) I'm quite unadventurous as far as my eye make up goes, usually I slick on some eyeliner (L'Oreal Super Liner in Carbon Gloss) and some mascara and I'm good to go but I really want to change this and I thought the Naked palette would be the perfect way to do this.  It provides a good range of neutrals (mostly shimmery ones but there are a couple of matte colours) and they are all there for you to choose from which I like as I hate rooting around in my make up bag because I always forget I have certain colours. 


Virgin is a really delicate slightly peachy vanilla.  These shadows are so finely milled that it feels like applying silk. This shade gives a subtle sheen as I think it makes for a beautiful highlight, base colour or works amazingly in the tear duct to really brighten the eyes.


Sin is a rich shimmery rose gold.  It's just a beautiful colour!! Worn alone I think this is the perfect subtle summer shimmer!  


Naked (sorry my fat finger is covering the name), is a simple matte base colour, it can be used to create a lovely base for other colours or to soften the insensity of other more vibrant colours (Stars N Rockets for example).


Sidecar is a warm toned pinky gold, and it's just beautiful.  End of. I've used this over the inner half of my eyes in the images at the bottom of this post. 


Buck is a warm tan colour, a soft brown if you will, and can be used to add definition in the crease for a sophisticated simply day look or to add definition and depth to basically any other shadow! 


Half Baked.  What a colour! This is just a beautiful gold with a slightly bronze tone running through it! Applied to the tear duct, this colour will just make your eyes look incredible! 


Smog is, as the name suggests, a bit of a dirty goldy with a bit of a rusty edge to it. Like the other true shimmers in this palette it is just so finely milled and highly pigmented, and the colour pay off is so full and luxurious.


Darkhorse has a really subdued shimmer to it that is only picked up in certain lights and it creates a pretty good seductive smouldering look (get my trying to be sexy!)


Toasted is a shimmery pinky brown.  I love it.  This is used in the middle of my eye in the look at the bottom of this post. 


Hustle is a purply brown, and is the third colour I used on my eyes in the photos featured at the end of this post! 


Creep is a deep grey shot through with silver glitter.  The colour can be used boldly to create the intense colour shown in the swatch above, or it can be blended right out to give quite a sheer coverage, and therefore it's really versatile. 


And last but not least, Gunmetal is a gorgeous pewter shimmer.

The photos below are of my first ever time using my Naked palette, and I'm pleased as punch! I used Tanya Burr's tutorial  which you can view here as my instruction, and obviously mine is nowhere near Tanya's (mainly because I screwed up my eyeliner big time) but I'm hoping with practice it'll improve! 


Products - Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion (comes with the palette) all over the lid
Using a 217 apply Sidecar to the inner half, right into the inner corner
On a 239 pack Toasted onto the centre section of the lid
On the other side of the 239 combine Toasted and Hustle and draw that out from the lash line to create the wing, then pack more Hustle in the outer corner to create depth
Then using the leftover product on the 239 draw the shadow under the eye.
Use a 217 or another fluffy brush to blend all the colours and soften the edges
I used Sin as a brow highlight
I then used L'Oreal Gel Intenza to line the water line, my upper lash line and to create a wing
Finally lashings of L'Oreal Telescopic mascara adds great definition
On my brows - No. 7 Perfect Brows pencil in Black



Products - Face
Benefit Erase Paste in Medium
Mac Pro Longwear in NW20 and NC25
Mac Studio Sculpt in NW25
Mac Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Truth & Light
Nars bronzer in Laguna
Mac blush in Plum Foolery
Benefit Highbeam to highlight

Lips
Clarins Joli Rouge Brilliant Perfect Shine lipstick in 06 Fig



If you have made it to the end of this blog post then thank you so much, and congratulations, it's a bit of a mammoth post!! 

The Urban Decay Naked palette is available here or at a zillion other places either on-line or at Urban Decay counters in Debenhams etc


What are your feelings on the Naked palette? What are your favourite looks to create using it? 
If you'd like me to provide links to the other products just ask in the comments and I will willingly do so :) 

As always the beautiful back drop to my product shots is by Gabrielle Vary, she makes incredible luxury knit-ware items which are available here

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I know I am posting really late on this, but I just stumbled across your blog and I am loving it!
    The naked palette has got to be my favourite, it is so versatile!
    I love your look with it, Ill have to give it a go :). Sidecar is my favourite colour, I get a fair bit of glitter fall out with that one, but it's worth it!
    Have you looked into getting the naked 2 palette?

    Also I would absolutely love it if you could check out my new blog and maybe give me some feedback on it, I would be forever grateful!

    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/

    x Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, I'm amazed every time I see that someone has read it! I'm not sure what to do about the Naked 2 palette, but to be honest I think it is only a matter of time before I cave and have to go for it!

      I'll check out your blog now x

      Delete